"What is it? My dear?"
"Ah, how can we bear it?"
"Bear what?"
"This. For so short a time. How can we sleep this time away?"
"We can be quiet together, and pretend – since it is only the beginning - that we have all the time in the world."
"And every day we shall have less. And then none."
"Would you rather, therefore, have had nothing at all?"
"No. This is where I have always been coming to. Since my time began. And when I go away from here, this will be the mid-point, to which everything ran, before, and from which everything will run. But now, my love, we are here, we are now, and those other times are running elsewhere."
– A.S. Byatt, Possession




Sunday, September 27, 2015

About Me


     Hi, welcome to my blog! I'm a 20 year old junior in college. I'm majoring in Biology at the University of Puerto Rico Río Piedras Campus. This blog's title, The Time Traveler, was inspired by my favorite book "The Time Traveler's Wife”. It also refers to how life is a journey and we're all traveling through time, unable to slow down or go faster. So we have to enjoy the ride, and live a life without “what if's”.

     I have a younger (but taller) sister, Tiffany, and my dog Abby. Both are of course equally important to me. I live close to campus with three other roommates, which can be a bit crowded, but also really fun. We spend our days either studying, watching Friends or How I Met Your Mother, or singing and goofing around.

Credit
     I enjoy reading a variety of fiction books. Some of my favorites include the Harry Potter series, To Kill a Mockingbird and My Sister's Keeper. I enjoy going to the beach, catching a movie, goofing around with my friends and exploring my beautiful island of Puerto Rico. I mainly spend my days studying, but I really enjoy it and I hope to become a doctor one day. Being confronted with challenges and making somebody smile are passions of mine

Beach in Vega Baja
Photo taken by me
     I love traveling, but I don’t travel nearly as much as I would want. But, I have travelled within Puerto Rico, and I’ve visited New York a couple of times. My favorite place I’d gone to would have to be the island of Culebra. It’s an island full of adventures and beauty, and holds a special place on my heart.

     Made for my English literature class given by my professor Cynthia Pittmann, I’ll reflect about some literature works here in my blog, as well as explore my inner and outer journeys, and maybe talk about books I’m currently reading or any other interesting topic. You can find me on Instagram as kimberly0015 to keep up with my life.



 











.


No comments:

Post a Comment